June 21, 2008

The latest...

We haven't heard from him since Father's Day, but he seems to be doing fine. Mom said when he called on Father's Day he said he was going to call the Guiness Book of World Records because he was sure it was the hottest day in the history of the world in Taji. :-) He and Armanderez were unloading a truck and he said when they got finished they were dripping with sweat, and not just from their skin, their clothes were completely saturated with sweat and dripping. He said it was nasty.

From what I gather (I haven't heard from him personally for a while.) he is doing fine and they're in Taji doing patrols and manual labor. So at least he's not in Sadr City! We'll keep you updated as we hear more...but keep the cards, letters, packages coming. I don't think we can even understand how much it means to these guys when they get mail. So thanks for taking care of our boy.

No comments: